Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Luxury Authority may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an account with us because you want to purchase a product from us, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using products purchased from us, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Luxury Authority services or forums, Luxury Authority may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Luxury Authority will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Luxury Authority's latest product announcements, designer's / brands updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences or just emailing us: [email protected]
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth (month/year) to determine the age of Luxury Authority ID account holders inorder to confirm that the account holder is not under 12 for any restricted product purchases such as alcohol.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Luxury Authority, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Luxury Authority's products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Luxury Authority's product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Luxury Authority may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Luxury Authority may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Luxury Authority to provide fashion products and related services, or that help Luxury Authority market to customers. For example, when you purchase from us, you authorize Luxury Authority and the brand product that you purchased to exchange the information you provide during the process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Luxury Authority and your purchased brand's respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Luxury Authority to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Luxury Authority shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Luxury Authority operates or sells.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Luxury Authority to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Luxury Authority takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Luxury Authority online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Luxury Authority, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some Luxury Authority products, services, or applications or post on our blog, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account here. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Luxury Authority is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through our Care Team.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Luxury Authority products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
If at any time a parent needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with their child's account, they may contact us through our Care Team again. Please let us know that it's concerning "child privacy" issues.
Luxury Authority abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
If you are located within the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), you understand that we may transfer your data outside the EU or EEA. By using our website or by purchasing products or services from us, you freely give your unambiguous consent to the transfer of your data to countries outside of the EU or EEA. The categories of data and purposes for processing such data outside of the EU are described in the sections above “What Personal Information We Collect” and “How We Use Your Personal Information”. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside the EU or EEA may not be as comprehensive as the laws of countries within the EU or EEA. If you do not consent to the transfer of your data outside the EU or EEA, you may not use our website or purchase products or services from us.
Our Company Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Luxury Authority employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.